Hi, I have a question. I have nystagmus in my eyes. So my question is, I heard about Surgery, when they fix the eyes im not to sure how it goes? How would I go about for getting this done? and would it hurt afterwords?

Add Comment
  • 1 Answer(s)

    Hi, minor degree of nystagmus is normal. However, nystagmus is associated with an underlying cause like reduced vision, due to some drugs or neurological causes. Nystagmus can be corrected by treating the underlying cause, by wearing glasses or sometimes by eye muscle surgery. You should visit an Ophthalmologist for examination. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!

    Answered on May 11, 2014.
    Add Comment
  • If you are happy with our services, please consider making a donation. Click the button below to donate.

    Your Answer

    By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

    The site is not a replacement for professional medical opinion, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your medical doctor or other qualified health professional before starting any new treatment or making any changes to existing treatment. Do not delay seeking or disregard medical advice based on information written by any author on this site. No health questions and information on AskDoctorForFree is regulated or evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and therefore the information should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease without the supervision of a medical doctor. Posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author, and not the administrators, moderators, or editorial staff and hence AskDoctorForFree and its principals will accept no liabilities or responsibilities for the statements made.