This question was answered on Thu 05, Mar 2009 07:21pm by Dr Bhupinder K, MD

Lump noticed under skin above elbow over the bone on arm

Asked by Unregistered (Male; 45; no signifigant generall medical problems, two throat surgeries to remove growths on or around vocal chords and larnyx(benine) smoker ) on Thu 05, Mar 2009 04:42pm

I recently noticed a sore spot on my arm just above my elbow over the bone, i thought nothing of it. Now i have realized it is actually bumb or lump under the skin about the size of a dime or so, not painful but lightly sore. Is it possible that it is just a spder bite, as i do see spiders around my hose from time to time. Is it possibly something else more serious?

Actions: | Forward |



Security code
Enter the text as shown above

E-Mail me when someone replies to this post
Answer by Dr Bhupinder K, MD  on Thu 05, Mar 2009 07:21pm:

Hello, Most likely it is due to spider bite.Mostly spider bites are harmless but sometimes the wound may turn necrotic.Wash the bymp with fresh water and apply ice on the bump.Also clean it witl antiseptics and apply Neosporin or mupirocin on the bump.If the symptoms persist then pls consult a physician.Oral antibiotics and tetanus prophylaxis may be needed.Hope it helps.
Our doctors provide free answers to your questions. If you are happy with our services, please consider making a donation.
Click the button below to donate.

Please rate my answer (select the stars, no need to log in.)  


Comment by on Thu 14, Apr 2011 08:28pm:
Lump on elbow can be due to cyst, xanthoma, lipoma or benign growth. Xanthoma has sharp, distinct edges and are most often seen on the elbows, joints, tendons, knees, hands, feet, or buttocks.

Comment by sharon on Mon 09, Jan 2012 04:42am:
I just noticed a hard lump under the skin, right above my elbow bone on the back side of my arm. It is a little tender and about the size of a dime. I do not recall hitting my arm on anything and I have not done anything strenuous with my arms.

This question is open for comments.  Please share your opinion.




Security code
Enter the text as shown above

E-Mail me when someone replies to this post

What users are searching right now on Ask Medical Doctor:
CRP 88     knee joints     sudsinchildsurine     vaccine     stomack problem     Search for answers hastmethuse hot nucshan     what do genitile warts looklike     free answer     Post nasal drip remixes     post nasal drip remixes     anti allergic medicines for psoariasis and lichen planusSearch for answers     Search for answers on boils     Search for answers     elbow pain     Search for answers     homeopathicmedicineforlekoria     microgynon and trimethroprim     Search for answers     hiv     what is umminiy     semenax     WHAT IS SEPTIC SHOCK     what does dimpling of the skin look like with breast cancer     negative T in III     Hidradenitis suppurativa     can you have kids without having periods     Search for answers on boils     WOKEUPWITHSWOLLENLIPS     left ear and left throat pain     Abortion     inflamed foliate papilae caused by gerd     thinstool     Vagina far     36yearoldmalecomplainedoffatigueanorexiaweightlossdyspneaonexertionandsenseoffullness     nsclc with emphysema     what is gliosis     My15yearoldsonhasa     howlongdoesacoldlast     sharp20stbbing20pain20in20stomach     scrape on penis after sex     stroke symptoms     GGT 217     what would make my leg and go numb and tingly     myboobshurt     HASTMETHNKYAHAI     anti allergic medicines for psoariasis and lichen planusSearch for answers     allopurinol     stomack problem     vaccine     sudsinchildsurine     knee joints     CRP 88     post nasal drip remixes     search     fallinjurytomykneenumbness     lichen nitidus pinkus     FallInjurytomykneeNumbness     sharp20stbbing20pain20in20stomach     tibial plateau     my left foot and leg have been swelling for 6 weeks and they sometimes look red and splotchy and sore     Iwokeupwithabumponmyforeheadrightbetweenmyeyebr     what makes a young child of 6 YEARS TO BE SWEATING ALOT IN HEAD ONLY     8 year old stiff penis     ifseverepaingetstartaftertakingabortionpills     mononucleosis     rhinocitus     anti allergic medicines for psoariasis and lichen planusSearch for answers     iampregnantandhaveonegbloodwhatdoesthismean     can you give oral with cold sore     pics of bruising in ankle fractures exterior     mucus anus     Malebreastcancer62546     What is MDS     How long can you survive without a bowel movement     I paid for a chat I got nothing in returnn     xavor 50 mg     functionhasOwnPropertynativecode     headachenumb figertipsaching neckback and legs     PRICE     dismatic     Hpv swimming     scars from cat tick that bites you what can you use     latelyihavebeenfeelingstrangeicantstopshakingi     Alot     Abortion     CanItakebenedrylandmucinexDMtogether     pertaining20to20the20treatment20of20children20is     penis swelling     search     1     search     phlegm in throat     lumber puncture     semen     Tingling in my feet     Coul     Post nasal drip remixes     Igetoccasionalsharppaininmylegontheinsideofmyth     free answer     Hbilories bactaria     Permanent     babyeyeinfection     clavicl sleep     What is reynolds     awaken by severe knee pains     Hpvswimming     My BHCGb is 2975253 mlUml how many weeks i am pregnant     after 1 year     What is asist lump     over     Double insulin dose     spider bites     Daydreaming     what does hsv igm 1 and 2     isitoktomasturbatewhiletakingntibioticsforgorronhea     electrical current sensation from spider biteA0     Can I take adipex while taking morphine     red itchy bumps     what do genitile warts looklike     trauma under the eye golf ball size lump     Search for answers hastmethuse hot nucshan     what are scabies     rash and weight gain     masturbation hurts     search     1     search     hymen rupture     AbdominalCharlieHorseIncrediblePain     CansporadicHerpesgentialoutbreakscauseadropinwhite     what is the cause of the arthrits     Havebeencoughingupyellowphlegmfor2weeksinterspersed     can a blood clot kill u     EverytimeIgetsickIbreakoutina     Chill in my leg     tremblingoflips     what is localized infection     energy drink after ct skan     cotinine level     Ihaveshortnessofbreathaftersurgeryafter     Can you get ingrown hairs on your penis     breast reduction     differenttermsforbreastlumps     does it take 4 weeks for implanon to kick in     I had a colon resection with 2 ft removal due to a cancerous polyp Now 2 years later my doctor detected a elevated cea of 44 What does this mean     tingling pain on left breast     what cause ball or riseine like to come on a women viginal sometimw     

©2011 - Ask Medical Doctor  |  All Rights Reserved
The site is not a replacement for professional medical opinion, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your medical doctor or other qualified health professional before starting any new treatment or making any changes to existing treatment. Do not delay seeking or disregard medical advice based on information written by any author on this site. No health questions and information on AskMedicalDoctor is regulated or evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and therefore the information should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease without the supervision of a medical doctor. Posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author, and not the administrators, moderators, or editorial staff and hence AskMedicalDoctor and its principals will accept no liabilities or responsibilities for the statements made.

Home | Terms & Conditions | Contact Us | Frequently Asked Questions | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Advertise with us