This question was answered on Wed 07, Jul 2010 07:55pm by Dr Rowena S, MD

circular indentation on buttocks

Asked by thethreecs (Female; 50; UNITED STATES; no relevant history, no cancers, skin problems, diseases, etc.; Relevant drugs:none ) on Wed 02, Jun 2010 03:14pm

I have a sudden onset of a circular indentation about 1 inch wide on the fatty part of my buttocks. There has been no change in the color of the skin and the indentation is approximately 1/4 inch deep. If I push on the indent, there is no pain, and only a very small nodule in the center. Your thoughts?

Actions: | Forward |



Security code
Enter the text as shown above

E-Mail me when someone replies to this post
Answer by Dr Rowena S, MD  on Wed 07, Jul 2010 07:55pm:

Hi, How are you? Do you still have the indentation that you were referring to? To rule out if this is an infection, inflammation, cyst or lipoma, have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Direct clinical examination is important. Take care and regards.
Our doctors provide free answers to your questions. If you are happy with our services, please consider making a donation.
Click the button below to donate.

Please rate my answer (select the stars, no need to log in.)  


Comment by DeformedButt! on Wed 11, Aug 2010 06:13am:
Hi thethreecs, I just wanted to ask you what did you end up doing for your indentation? you see, the same thing happened to me, but after falling on my butt on a flight of stairs. I'm thinking about going to a plastic surgeon but I'm hoping it will go away on its own. Any comments on the mater would be really appreciated! Thank you. Ps. I want to wear a thong again!

Comment by Thomas. Jones on Wed 10, Aug 2011 11:25pm:
On my left butt cheek I have a hole about 1inch in diameter. The hole is very deep and hurts a lot to push on it... I feel a lot of pain from that hole all the way down my leg.... It has grown bigger in the last few weeks... Plz let me know what u think... I hope it's not cancer....???

This question is open for comments.  Please share your opinion.




Security code
Enter the text as shown above

E-Mail me when someone replies to this post

What users are searching right now on Ask Medical Doctor:
analskintag     Weight gain with severe abdominal spasms     melanoma     buthole     whitebumpsonpenis     lots     jadelled     can allergies cause the inside of the nose to swell     movablelumponmyheadthatisnotlipoma     DEcocort     AbnormalPapwithHighRiskHPVShingleszosterandlong     Search for answers     whatisbenignintracranialhypertension     alopecia areata     come off candesartan     pain medication for knee bursitas     MASTR     blood during bowel     Search for answers     lacoria     mucomix     MRIresultso     search for ai had sex yesterday and he nutted in me but when i got up and put my panties onnswers     arti sharma     staph infection     liqouria     nerurofibromatosis     excema     Search20for20answers     depnoc 75     nasalpolyps     Search for answers     atypical meloncyte     Search for answers     ashish garh     Search for answers     canamassbecancer     Search for answers     canamassbecancer     phosphatidylserine     i have a pinching feel behide my boob     problems of handpratice     pancrias treatment     howlongdoesDoxepinstayinyoursystem     whyis     I have got spots on my bull bags what is that     smelly likorya     Cures     Search for answers     why arent i pregnant     Search for answers     mumps     protracedeyes     does tramadol hurt your liver     Sudden inner lip dryness     Subchorionic Haemorrhage     anal itching     nairchemicalburn     eventrated diaphram     blistersheadpenus     treatment lykoriya in urdu language     imhavingshootingpainsintheshaft     infatigo treatment     hiinoticedanitching     weird sensation breathing     likoria medicine     Hair     growing under the skin     WhatisLAPinfection     laryngitis     piles     vaginavibration     dezacorsideeffects     implanon removal     colonsthatfliponthemselves     wart on face     stress     Howtogetrideofaperiod     enemas     white water came out     Myfatherinlawhas     diabetes     pregnancy     yeast     abortion     weight loss     fuckyoufreemyass     fertility     blood pressure     urinary track     full     ivpulledmywickoutofmyfinger     backhandpain     dry cough with pain     wherecanigetthediamino     duramine     trimix cost per injection     high thyroid antibody result     main     wot     LOW BP     Flutteringinmychestthatstartedab     itch scratch itch     ulnar nerve entrapment     sarp pain on the left side bellow my rib cage along with naseusa and bad headachsA0     ear pain no fever     ABORTIONPregnancytestcamepositiveafter     hiihavetakenmtpkitbyciplafor     signsofcancerinsidecheekbrownspot     ikeepgetting     i have dry skin with     acessmucuswithpurplecoldfeetwhensitting     hiihavemy     nhsdirect     Mahila     mucusinurine     Search for answers     bibleversesonhowwesaddengod     Search for answers     

©2011 - Ask Medical Doctor  |  All Rights Reserved
The site is not a replacement for professional medical opinion, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your medical doctor or other qualified health professional before starting any new treatment or making any changes to existing treatment. Do not delay seeking or disregard medical advice based on information written by any author on this site. No health questions and information on AskMedicalDoctor is regulated or evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and therefore the information should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease without the supervision of a medical doctor. Posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author, and not the administrators, moderators, or editorial staff and hence AskMedicalDoctor and its principals will accept no liabilities or responsibilities for the statements made.

Home | Terms & Conditions | Contact Us | Frequently Asked Questions | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Advertise with us