It would be best to consult your doctor immediately especially this is immediately after the surgery and could
be a sign of infection nad might need drainage.
Are you allergic to any specific substances? Have you had allergic reactions in the past?
'Puffy eyes can result from a number of causes, including:
* Fluid retention such as due to changes in weather or hormone levels
* Allergies or dermatitis, especially if puffiness is accompanied by redness and itching
* Certain medications
* Kidney or thyroid dysfunction.'
'There are a number of steps you can take to prevent and reduce mild under-eye puffiness:
* Get enough sleep at night. For most adults, seven to eight hours a night appears to be the best amount
* Sleep with your head slightly raised. Add an extra pillow or prop up the head of your mattress. This
helps prevent fluids from accumulating around your eyes as you sleep.
* While sitting up, apply a cool tap water compress to the skin under your eyes for a few minutes. You can
also use chilled cucumber slices, a refrigerated gel mask or chilled, damp tea bags.
* Reduce allergy symptoms. Avoid allergens when possible, and ask your doctor about over-the-counter or
prescription allergy medications.'
You could read more about the condition at the following link -
If puffiness is severe and persistent or you notice swelling (edema) in other parts of your body, see your
Let us know if you need any other information and post us about how you are