This question was answered on Sat 16, Aug 2008 07:17pm by Dr Paul S, MD


Asked by Unregistered (Female; 53; USA; I have dibetis, fibromalgis, blood pressure, tyroid, manic depression; Relevant drugs:glusofauge for diebetis ) on Sat 16, Aug 2008 05:52pm

I have noticed over the past 2 years having problems with my stomach.. times i can only eat small meals, times i can eat something and i fell like i have eaten 4 course meal.. ive noticed over the past month,that its getting worse..i look like im 8 months preg.. my stomach is real huge and it want go down..having cramping pain type ( left side) where my colon area is.. or liver not for sure.. im getting nausua at times I fell like im so full but not have eaten anything.. i have to wait tell the unconfortable stomach goes down to eat, i get nausua and fell like my stomach gets hard at the top where my chest is, hard to breath.. what is my problem brenda

Actions: | Forward |



Security code
Enter the text as shown above

E-Mail me when someone replies to this post
Answer by Dr Paul S, MD  on Sat 16, Aug 2008 07:17pm:

Hi, with what you have described, I believe it's high time you have yourself evaluated by a specialist, a gastroenterologist. Just to give you some ideas, this progressive enlargement of your abdominal area can mean several things. One is that you may have some form of bowel obstruction causing your intestines to become dilated. Another possibility is that there can be excess fluid inside your abdomen called 'ascites' as what we would see in patients with liver problems. This enlargement of the abdomen can also be due to enlarged organs such as the spleen or liver. I suggest you have yourself seen by a specialist. Imaging studies in the form of ultrasound or ct scan of the abdomen may be warranted. Regards.
Our doctors provide free answers to your questions. If you are happy with our services, please consider making a donation.
Click the button below to donate.

Please rate my answer (select the stars, no need to log in.)  


Comment by Mary Anne on Fri 10, Sep 2010 02:49pm:
This sounds exactly like my symptoms. I have had 3 ultra sounds,an upper and lower GI and I still don't have the answer. I have another appointment with my Doc. 9.22.2010

Comment by Alenka on Thu 21, Oct 2010 06:22pm:
Hi, I have a 36 year old brother that i am very concerned about. The last year he went for blood work and has been told his liver is not good. My brother likes to drink occasionally mainly whisky. He is not taking no medication as of right know. Lately I've noticed that he is constantly rubbing his left side and i asked whats happening, and he just says it hurts, know hes complaining the right side hurts. I've asked him to go see a doctor but always refuses. I think he's just scared! I'm very frusterated and worried about my brother. I just don't know whats happening to him and if theres something i can do or suggest. Thank you

Comment by on Thu 24, Mar 2011 02:56am:
Please follow us on Facebook by clicking the like button below

This question is open for comments.  Please share your opinion.




Security code
Enter the text as shown above

E-Mail me when someone replies to this post

What users are searching right now on Ask Medical Doctor:
keratsosi pilaris     lumpsonvagina     Severepaininareaofrightshoulderb     Bright red swollen lower leg painful     Whencomparingtheflowoflymphinthelymphaticsystemwiththeflowofbloodinthecirculatorysystemitcanbesaidthatthelymphaticsystemalso     nothing helps with my stuffy nose     5year     Search for answers     itchinginbetweenfingersitturnstowaterfilledsamallbubblesnow     kya husband apni wife ko lekoriya ki halat me sex kar sakta he     fibrocysticdisease     flu     is20brown20discharge20normal20in20a20pregnancy     Will i die if i take 60 tabs metformin 1000mg     my hands hurt and itch severly     headacheaftercatscan     Feel urinate all the time same sensation on the anuj     what does low levels of formaldehyde smell like     husbandandwifecanSexinLikoria     clear bumps on chest     green feces     Why am I up all night     Can HPV be spread through kissing     Mypartnerwhomis66yrshasdevelopedabend     Zolof and Dramamine     what are the little bumps on the middle knuckle on your middle finger     can i take mucinex cough and benadryl together     Yaz     posterior     rheumatic fever     wheezy cough burningSearch for answers     Conbustion     tears     Can I take paracetamol with penicillin     Iunderwenta     free     Crohns     ihavetiny     whatdoesturmericyellowgingerdohelp     Burning mouth after rimming     itchy bumps on fingers     CANBLOODCOUNTSTELLHOWFARALONGYOUAREINPREANCY     lump under tounge     vaginal bleeding for a month     ccan maxalt and ibuprofen be taken together     dry mouth due to mucus reduction     Urinate blood     Search for answers     hiv     what does mean a high Varicela Zoster IgG     no skin fold in ultrasound     FOR WHAT DECEASE KALCID XL TO BE TAKEN     Lsd     Search for answers     I have been getting light headed and dizzy spells and shaky hands and sick to stomach mainly if Im outside in the sun     Ihaveafriendthatwasdiagnosed     whyboobshurt     amoxicillinaffectmycontraceptiveimplant     symptons of pancreaitis     Frostbite     bacterial vaginosis     My food keeps repeating on me especially after ny dinner     overdose     spot     kneecap dislocation     How to get ride of a period     Sweatyperineumandanalfisher     gynecomastia     Search for answers     bump     ivbeentoldthatihaveaovarianbilocular     ear popping     bilirubin     how to cure bedshores     ihavetinycircleb     ejaculate without an erection     BRUSH BURN     lung cancer     Search for answers     Comment     Search for answers     female misterpation     whatthesignsandsymtomsforpiles     whatcausestheyellowishcolortothetongue     penis power     blistersonbabysbutt     burning sensation in lower right abdomen     indentationaroundbothupperarms     3mmhypoechoic     precum stains     tinea capitis     symptoms of herneaSearch for answers     BellyButtonpa     anerysum     PMS     Ihaveasmall     IkeephavingtoclearmythroatitisnotpainfulbutIcannotseemtocleari61520Unknown     severe congestion     pinching and burning in left chest     hepatitis c     overy cancer     Hair     waterurticaria     pelvis pain     ResultEnubyArbiny     enlarged prostrate     If you have lung cancer     whenisittimetoworryaboutatempreatureofachild     Penis curvature 40 degrees     howcanincreasemypenissize     Chronicafib     engerix     cold water sensation     whatshouldmysodiumlevelbe     pain below sternum     6yroldwhosweatsvery     what does gray rings around the retina means     does cutting too deep and removing muscle in a postpartum DC cause     thigh and knee pain     DoctorVisi     red rash on top of your eyes after choke     phantom pregnancy after a hysterectomy     Infant sinus mediine     accuracy of ultrasounds     why do you people have an obsession of eating chicken     worms20in20urine     A 55yearold male was admitted to the hospital with heart failure He complains of increasing shortness of breath on exertion and needing to sleep on three pillows at night On physical assessment the nurse determines that his ankles and feet are     hemodialysis     How many times must a medication label be read prior administering medication to a resident     low thyroid leves     pregnancy confirmation     Oarl sex     SCratchingtillIbleedinmysleep     cocky socky virus in adlult     Mom handjob     rbc 610 in urine     what could make me fail for methamphetamine     Painundermyleftbreast     Ihavedarkrednessonmy     stay clear of tummy bugs     

©2011 - Ask Medical Doctor  |  All Rights Reserved
The site is not a replacement for professional medical opinion, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your medical doctor or other qualified health professional before starting any new treatment or making any changes to existing treatment. Do not delay seeking or disregard medical advice based on information written by any author on this site. No health questions and information on AskMedicalDoctor is regulated or evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and therefore the information should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease without the supervision of a medical doctor. Posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author, and not the administrators, moderators, or editorial staff and hence AskMedicalDoctor and its principals will accept no liabilities or responsibilities for the statements made.

Home | Terms & Conditions | Contact Us | Frequently Asked Questions | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Advertise with us